Zoning Board of Adjustment meetings are held on the following Thursdays at 7 pm in the Council Chambers, Newark City Hall, 920 Broad Street, 2nd floor. All are welcome to attend.
The full schedule of the 2017 Office of the Boards meetings can also be downloaded here.
2017 Meeting Dates
Past Minutes and Agendas
A comprehensive list of past determinations and agendas for upcoming meetings (when available) can be found here.
Charles I. Auffant, Chair
(Appointed by: Luis A. Quintana)
Terrence S. Baine, Vice Chair
(Appointed by: Gayle Chaneyfield Jenkins)
(Appointed by: Joseph McCallum, Jr.)
Charles N. Hall, Jr.
(Appointed by: Anibal Ramos, Jr.)
Julius S. Montford
(Appointed by: John S. James)
(Appointed by: Mildred C. Crump)
Rose Marie Ruivo
(Appointed by: Augusto Amador)
Katiria Cobian, Alternate #1
(Appointed by: Carlos M. Gonzales)
Barry E. Dobson, Alternate #2
(Appointed by: Eddie Osborne)
- Public Notice of Application to ZBA (PDF)
- Other Templates for Notices of Application to ZBA (PDF)
- Board of Adjustment Application (PDF)
- Board of Adjustment Application Instructions (PDF)
- New Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Federal Collocation Act Exemption Checklist (PDF)
- Newark Zoning & Land Use Regulations
- Environmental Justice and Cumulative Impacts Basic Form (PDF)
- Environmental Justice and Cumulative Impacts Full Form (PDF)
NOTE: If you are an applicant for any variance and your variance is denied by this Board, you have a right to appeal to the Superior Court of the State of New Jersey within 45 days of notice of the decision and that court may overturn the decision of this Board. As such, if you are an objector to any type of variance and the variance is granted, you may appeal to the Superior Court of the State of New Jersey within 45 days of decision of this Board.